Saint Nicholas Church

Saint Nicholas Church is situated on the main square, with its apse facing southeast. Built in 1616, the church is home to a small but interest museum of local artefacts. Unforunately the church has never been completed, and given that it was commenced in the 17th century and the bay’s Catholic community has declined building since then, it is likely that it never will be.

The church’s treasury contains beautifully embroidered vestments, along with the remains of various saints. We’d highly recommend ascending the 55m bell town for magnificent views over the bay.

Gallery